Thursday, April 14, 2016

T+2 Days

I woke up at 6am, took my medications and fell back asleep. I got back up around 10am feeling very well rested. 

My mom went down to Denny's and bought me a bowl of baked potato soup, mashed potatoes and a strawberry banana smoothie. It tasted so good I devoured all of it! 

Post Op Appointment: I felt this was the most uncomfortable part of the process so far! My large bandage was finally taken off which allowed Dr. Berke to apply some pressure to the incision. This was VERY uncomfortable and the first time I felt real pain. He wanted to ensure there was no liquid building up underneath the incision. 

Another ENT on his team attempted to take video of my vocal chords. This was VERY uncomfortable. They eventually had to use the laryngoscopy through my nose and down my throat. This was a lot more comfortable than the camera going straight down my throat from the mouth. 

Dr. Berke noted my incision looked a bit swollen. He also asked if I was prescribed any antibiotics which I was not so he prescribed something to help with the exterior swelling. We picked this up at CVS and headed back to the hotel room. It felt really good to walk around outside! 

I was feeling pretty good about my swallowing abilities so I had the following for dinner from Denny's:
  • Grilled zucchini and veggies 
  • Scrambled Egg 
  • Potato Soup 
  • Strawberry Banana Smoothie 

All of it went down smoothly and I also took my steroid medication without having to crush the pill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment