Friday, April 15, 2016

T+3 Days

This morning I woke up and the incision is a bit tender. It looks slightly swollen but there's no pain. I took my steroid medication and antibiotics at 6am and fell back asleep until 9am. 

It was a nice day so we went for a walk through the botanical garden right across the street. We saw some butterflies and squirrels running around. It was quite nice as it's Sunny and about 65 degrees outside. 

Selfie at the Botanical Garden! It feels so good to be outside!
Seating area at the Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden


It helped me to work up an appetite and we walked to Denny's to order some takeout. Today I was able to eat: 

  • Scrambled Eggs 
  • Hashbrowns 
  • 2 Sausage Links 
  • Smoothie 
The amazing thing is I haven't needed thick-it other than on day 1 after surgery. I am swallowing just fine and pretty happy with my progress! 

I am a little worried about the tenderness in my neck. Below are two photos. One at 6am and another at 2pm. I've been on my antibiotics for a little under 24 hours. I'm not sure if there's slight discharge but it could be residue from a few days ago. I left a message with Dr. Berke's office and haven't heard back yet. I will continue to monitor the incision for any changes. 

Neck at 6am
Neck at 2pm. Slightly less swollen
Update @ 5pm: 
  • I saw Dr. Feinstein (Resident Physician) and he said the incision looked perfectly fine
  • It was comforting to hear especially before the weekend and knowing I will fly from LAX-->SFO on Monday 
  • The swelling is going down from this morning so it looks like the antibiotics are working as they should 
I was craving some Starbucks and I was actually able to drink an Iced Venti Soy White Mocha without Whipped Cream in addition to a Chocolate Croissant. 

Tasted so good! 


I got back to the room and rested. I'm quite exhausted even though I haven't been doing much. I know the trauma from surgery probably tired my body out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment